Karen has long dark blue hair in AIKa R-16: Virgin Mission and yellow eyes. Her main outfit through R-16 Virgin Mission consists of a short sleeved, purple, buttoned shirt, and a short purple skirt. Unlike most characters in the series, who wear white panties, she wears pink ones. She also has a purple butterfly on her left breast. In a flashback by the pool, she was shown sunbathing topless wearing a red string bikini and a sun hat.
In the photo on the desk of the Mysterious man, a very young Karen (roughly 5 years old) was shown with short hair, a light orange sleeveless top and a light tan skirt. Standing next to her was an unknown boy her age or slightly older, probably the mysterious man holding the photo.
In AIKa Zero, she had her hair cut short and wore fake glasses as a disguise. She switched between a catgirl maid costume, a black school uniform, and a stolen Hamlet Actress costume.
Send in the clones Edit
- The name Karen means "flower" (華) (ka) and "lotus, water lily" (蓮) (ren).
- Karen's surname Minamino means "south" (南) (minami) and "field, wilderness" (野) (no).
- Karen's character design outfit in AIKa R-16: Virgin Mission seems heavily based off of Karin Kikuhara from Stratos 4 another series From Studio Fantasia and who character designs were also handled by Noriyasu Yamauchi.
- Karen's character design and outfit in AIKa R-16: Virgin Mission Also is loosely based off of Kula Diamond from King Of Fighters video game series.
- Karen gets carried twice in Aika R16, first in episode 1 by Risako and then by Eri in episode 3
- Unlike most characters in the show, Karen wears pink panties in Aika R-16.
- However, she wears white ones in Aika Zero.